Wednesday 8 June 2022

Caravan Holiday - Bateman's Bay

Feels good here - the warmth of the sunshine and the cloudless blue skies - yep feeling much better now that we are here.

Some exploring around the local spots this morning..  before we head out, I could not resist a photo of the sunrise.



Guerilla Bay is the place we explored first..  Radar Stations left over from the war, Lighthouse and gorgeous beaches..









Look at those blue skies... we went down to the beach section.




Pink on the rocks - we think it is some kind of sea plant because you can see it swaying under the crystal clear water.
Wayne is pretending to surf the rock formation here...oookayyyy.. 


We read somewhere that there are fossils to be seen in the rocks but I presume you have to know what your looking for first.

Time for lunch..

It is funny the little things that give one pleasure while traveling.  I got excited today when I bought some milk - it was a brand I actually recognised from home.  This tiny detail was an unexpected part of travel.  I shared my excitement with Wayne who thinks I have lost the plot...maybe just a little.  We have been away now for roughly six weeks - another three to go, and I am having more thoughts of home lately.  I am loving our holiday, but my heart goes home with thoughts of the children.  I look forward to seeing them and being around them.  I miss my friends and my sewing room.  Would I travel again - Yes, beyond a doubt, but I know where my favourite place is and it's not a place, it's with family..  Anyway - I will stop being sappy... and I am looking forward to further experiences.  Wayne and I have had so much fun - singing out loud to '80's and 90's and even 'now time' music between towns, exploring different places and our share of the joy of old buildings.  I am travelling with my best friend, now if only I could teach him to sew...lol
Ok, I know - I said no more sappy... catch ya later..

3 comments:

Susan said...

Maybe Wayne could take up sewing machine mechanics - or long arm quilting??? just a thought

Anonymous said...

Great photos....a nice place to visit....

Tracy said...

Looks like a wonderful trip Sandi.