Thursday 9 January 2020

A Cracker of a Swap


I participated in a little swap that Madaboutbags from Instagram ran over christmas.  I chose to do the cracker swap - with this swap you needed a cardboard roll from the kitchen.. and you fill it with anything, then wrap it in a fat quarter and send it off..
After signing up, I experienced my only problem - No paper towel roll in the kitchen or centre from cling wrap etc..  I had to go to the shops and buy a roll, come home and unroll it, while wrapping the paper towel back up missing the internal cardboard roll....  Mental note to self - save one before December...
Anyhow after acquiring my roll, I filled it with bits and pieces and sent it off, and you guessed - no photo..  I will have to wait until my swap partner puts one up..
I saved mine for opening on Christmas Day.. I do have this photo of the one I sent and the one I received...  The one I sent is the top photo...

  My cracker was crammed packed with all these items..  My partner managed to get a zipper pouch, christmas buttons, pattern/kit, binding clips, cake buttons, a magnetic lidded bottle with needles inside and a magnetic needle finder, as well as the gorgeous christmas fabric...
 Here is a close up of the pattern/kit..

This was an easy swap as you didn't need to make anything and you were not allowed to add external extras or change the shape of your original roll...  I will definitely participate in this swap again..
Thanks Lyn..

2 comments:

Helen said...

Great swap....might look into that one next time as well....looks like fun. I always have heaps of paper towel roll tubes....

Susan said...

sounds like fun...she got a lot into a tube.